Joint Plan of Actions
To accelerate the development of the Sava River Basin, the International Sava River Basin Commission (Sava Commission) developed, with support of the World Bank, Joint Plan of Actions for the Sava River Basin, in 2017. Joint Statement of the representatives of the Parties to the Framework Agreement on the Sava River Basin (FASRB) and Montenegro on Plan of Action and Milestones for the Sava River Basin as a Catalyst for Cooperation in the region, was signed at Bled, Slovenia, on June 15, 2017.
In accordance with the Joint Plan of Actions, the Sava Commission coordinates the activities on economic integration of the region in the priorities areas:
- Priority Area 1: Strengthening the Sava River Basin planning to accelerate economic integration and investments,
- Priority Area 2: Improving the navigability of the Sava water way,
- Priority Area 3: Improving flood management and monitoring,
- Priority Area 4: Developing sustainable river tourism, and
- Priority Area 5: Protecting environment and adapting to climate change.
Joint Plan of Actions outlines the path and serves as a catalyst for economic integration and cooperation in the region, contributing to the efforts of the Parties and Montenegro to ensure sustainable economic development in the Sava River Basin.
In policy terms, Joint Plan of Actions represents a follow up activity to the provisions of the Declaration from the Sixth Meeting of the Parties to the FASRB (Belgrade, 01 June 2016) and a direct contribution to the Berlin-Vienna-Paris-Trieste process.